How to Outsource Remote Software Development and Bridge the Talent Gap7 min read
Since the late 80s of the 20th century, outsourcing has become a popular movement in many industries, especially remote software development. With today’s technologies and approaches, digital transformation requires the resources of time and money. And such requirements need a strong software development team to stay close to you.
Some companies feel skeptical about outsourcing their projects offshore. Management of a remote team might be too difficult for them. The world’s leading companies, like Google, Microsoft, Apple, and many more, have had remote teams in employment across the globe. The discovery of a trustworthy partner that could get to know you or assist your business goals is the ticket to success.
This post will shed some light on outsourcing software development offshore effectively.
The insight of a reliable remote software development team
Collaboration with a well-built and full-of-integrity software development company is one of the key factors to helping your project achieve success. The companies realized that building an on-site team had turned into a pressure point because
- There were insufficient professional teammates to complete the project.
- It did not give the desired outcome, and
- The project budget is wasted.
There is a need to figure out a better way out. software development has appeared to be the best solution.
What you can gain from outsourcing remote software development
1. Minimize the expenses.
The restricted budget price is crucial when a startup company or a project decides whether or not to outsource product development. If you do not properly control it, the costs of employment, hardware, office leases, wages, and tax obligations may simply consume a larger portion of the project budget or even deplete it.
By outsourcing project development to offshore companies, the companies could mitigate commercial expenditures. For this reason, the release resources could be invested in the product itself.
2. Highly enhanced proficiency
Companies could pay attention to the other business processes that often fall off their focus once they have outsourced their projects. Some activities like marketing strategy, branding, and demand planning could be performed during project development and not be in a hurry once the project has been completed.
Thanks to the advantages of outsourcing software development offshore, you do not need to get fed up with workforce sickness or punctuality on the job. The project tasks could go on all day and night with an outsourcing company.
3. Explore the network of worldwide human resources
It is obvious that domestic markets will restrict the in-house team. As a result, businesses are usually under an obligation to strike a balance in relation to human resources and/or employment activities. For some companies, it remains challenging to employ qualified and skillful staff in the field of information technology in their home market.
During the COVID-19 pandemic, the War for Talent has not been taken as easily. The leading technology staff gets bombarded by several emails and phone calls from headhunters.
However, when your project needs the cooperation of rare technologies or programming languages, outsourcing software development offshore is your only way to recruit a professional team with relevant experience. This is the reason why outsourcing can be suitable.
4. Concentrate on the missed aspects.
Some businesses could give birth to many high-quality products or services for their customers, but there is no time to take care of internal projects. Hence, such good ideas will end up sitting on the shelves, gathering dust.
An outsourcing project would help extend the companies’ capabilities by giving the directors the chance to assign their internal staff to other commonly overlooked projects.
It would be highly complicated if you were working on a project with an in-house team.
For example, when the scope of work changes, you still have to keep a redundant labor force that is not engaged in the project. In this case, you could fire the entire employment staff, but it would make things even worse since it is not easy to launch the employment of an in-house team for a new project.
You are free to allocate the resources you need at each stage of project development. There are no requirements to hold the extra workforce when the project is actually completed.
How to Find a Reliable Remote Software Development Company?
1. Find the right location for developers.
For many years, Asia and India, in particular, have been developed as outsourcing options. However, other developing countries have successfully demonstrated that they fit with your exceptional options. Vietnam and many countries in Eastern Europe (like Belarus, Ukraine, Romania, and the Czech Republic) seem to have a desirable reputation because of their fluent command of English and enormous talent pool.
2. Select a reliable development partner.
If there is a suitable location for your needs, you should focus on selecting an appropriate agency that suits your expertise requirements and proposes a proper scope of services.
3. Choose the best partnership model.
There are many popular cooperation models in software outsourcing, and each of them has its own helpfulness for different situations.
- Extended Team – Employ offshore developers to develop your existing team rapidly.
- Managed Team – Assign a part of your software development project to an expert and self-supported team of professionals abroad.
- Custom Solution Development – Work out your issues and reach your business goals with an end-to-end solution.
4. Choose a desirable pricing model.
Flexibility in project management and pricing models is a key factor in choosing an ideal offshore development partner. You could search for an offshore agency with varied contract types at a competitive cost. You should base it on the nature of the project. There are three pricing models in software development outsourcing:
- Fixed Price – It is suitable for minor projects with precise requirements. Your vendor could offer you the total price for the whole scope of services, and you will just have to pay the fixed fee as clearly stated in your arrangement.
- Time & Material – You only have to pay for the actual working hours of the project team. This model works for large projects with an unclear timeline, and you pay the agreed cost per hour every month.
- Dedicated Team – You pay the service provider’s fees and the developer’s wages. It suits complicated, long-term projects with repeated changes in project requirements.
You could enjoy the main advantages of remote software development by proactively choosing the pricing model that fits your project. A reliable partner will always recommend a cooperative pricing model for your improvement and your affordable financials.
Some takeaway points
You could enjoy many benefits from remote software development, such as:
- Filling in the talent gap – While skilled software developers are in short supply, offshoring your project to tap into an overseas talent pool is your best choice.
- Cost efficiency – You could reduce project costs by employing offshore developers.
- Cut off development timeline – A trustworthy team of qualified offshore developers will offer you excellent deliverables in the short term.
Although remote software development could perfectly solve your problem, there are also some challenges you should face and consider:
- Cultural matters – Cultural diversity, “us and them” mindset.
- Poor communication – Linguistic barriers and time-zone differences could postpone calls and video meetings, lowering team productivity and causing delays in project delivery.
- Lack of business or domain knowledge – There is no guarantee that the project team can complete your project goals if they have zero expertise in the domain you are looking for.
- Possible quality problems – The offshore agency hires less-experienced developers to offer clients the lowest rate. It results in a poor code and a waste of resources.
- Ineffective project management – An unclear roadmap or misunderstanding of what’s going on at each stage of development are undoubtedly signs that some mistake has been made.
As you can see, even with some of the risks mentioned above, with the proper performance and an remote software development team by your side, it is still worth the effort.
If you need a trusted offshore workforce for a startup or enterprise-level product development, Groove Technology is the place to go. We are a group of highly skilled developers, testers, and business consultants who strive to provide nothing but the best. Call or send us a message, and our customer support representative will get back to you soon!