Shopify Plus: Increase SEO with 9 features Offerings8 min read
The most common eCommerce problems merchants face are planning and solving issues such as customer retention, omnichannel integration, conversion optimization, SEO, growth, and capabilities scalability, security, cost, etc. These issues become especially problematic for enterprise-class merchants. Because the Shopify platform normally requires enterprise-class merchants to spend a lot of money and investment in technology to maintain the security and operation of the platform on a large scale. Shopify Plus was born to solve all these problems of businesses. Shopify Plus is Shopify's business eCommerce platform for large and growing online stores and brands. It is a platform that hosts customizations, staff and prices for major brands.
Shopify and Shopify Plus have an identical working mechanism, but Shopify Plus can handle more workload faster compared to Shopify. Shopify has met the needs of entrepreneurs who want to become successful in eCommerce. Shopify Plus is the next-level service delivery business. If you're trying to build your business into something big, you need to put gas in your SEO. Shopify Plus could be the tank you need to open today for compelling results. Keep an eye on nine typical features that Shopify Plus brings to SEO in particular and benefits to businesses in general.
1. Shopify Plus with Plugins and Apps
When you need an SEO boost to grow your business, Shopify Plus is the platform to start with because of its dedication to SEO. You can see this through the various plugins it offers that focus on SEO. These include plugins like Smart SEO, SEO Doctor, SEO Image Optimizer Plugin which are important because they add the extra push your website needs to stand on its own without requiring you to be a professional coder.
This is why Shopify Plus is great for eCommerce. Building an eCommerce business requires you to be quick and quicker because the competition moves fast. These Shopify plugins will help speed your journey to success. Choose the SEO plugin that fits the needs of your website.
2. Use multiple sales channels
One of the factors that make Shopify Plus unique is the incontrovertible fact that it's multiple sales channels that provide services tailored to different types of digital shopping brands. you'll launch multiple sales channels across social, mobile, and marketplaces. By releasing through different sales channels, you have the opportunity to significantly improve the SEO of your website and brand.
Take a glance at how it can all be done through Shopify Plus with mobile and merchandising examples:
- Mobile sales funnel: after you target mobile through your business platform, you'll be able to improve mobile SEO by increasing the number of content you target in mobile shoppers. You'll be able also to edit and include new, faster-reading mobile product descriptions.
- Social Sales Channels: If social media support your eCommerce brand, you can build it through the Plus platform. As long as you can create a solid strategy, you can include as many social platforms as you want, and they are trackable through Shopify. The more people connect to your social selling channel through Shopify, your brand gets more exposure.
Multiple sales channels allow your brand to reach as many people as possible. With tweaks and a strategy, you will see SEO benefits arise because you won't rely on just one path to get your results.
3. Increase Traffic
The company notes that on the customer base for the Plus platform, the average one-year growth rate of an eCommerce site is around 126%. With such huge growth, it is clear that Plus is the platform for brands looking to increase the number of website visitors. Increasing traffic is a byproduct of excellent eCommerce SEO. Brands and retailers to consider the Plus include mass-market retailers that focus on affordable consumer products.
4. Make the image fit exactly
Every eCommerce store wants its website to load instantly to avoid losing potential customers. However, images can be a source of confusion and stress if they are oversized as they can increase your page load time. Shopify Plus is suitable for fixing this problem. If you love the big picture for your eCommerce site, you are in luck as the business benefits a lot from Plus being able to handle the traffic. Check out this example from Rainbow OPTX, a Shopify Plus-hosted brand.
This image shows what the homepage looks like when published, however as you can see, the image is large. You can use large images if you're using Plus because the technology used to support Shopify's business option can handle heavy traffic from people looking to see discounted products. Beauty eCommerce sites require high-quality images however the site still needs to load fast. With Shopify Plus, you can optimize image sizes to fit your customers' needs without slowing down the page load speed. Beauty, fashion and lifestyle eCommerce sites will need larger optimized images. On the other hand, grocery and mass-market eCommerce sites may use smaller images.
5. Use the Platform for Meta and Product Description
Getting the attention of shoppers is hard. People are bombarded with messages, ads, and calls to action every day. To stand out from the crowd, you need to understand how to make the meta and product descriptions work for you. Since meta titles are fetched by search engines, your brand needs to induce them right. You won't have much of a chance to do this because once your first Meta description has been read it will set the tone for whether or not a customer will click on your link.
By touching on the demographics, the meta title is like a rich piece of SEO news when it comes to distribution for this brand. You can build your meta descriptions in Shopify Plus to write compelling descriptions like this one. The product description does not need to belong when using Plus. You should approach them with the same focus and care that you do for meta titles. The content that you put on your website is taking over the main real estate. Your eCommerce site is filled with the correct titles and meta descriptions to draw in shoppers with Shopify Plus.
6. Google Analytics Integration
To increase traffic and conversions through SEO, you need to understand the types of traffic you are attracting. Each unique visitor to your eCommerce site has different needs and requirements for the products you are selling. Google Analytics can shed light on what your website visitors are doing and how to encourage them to spend more money on your site.
7. Make sure the URLs match your brand
There's nothing more frustrating than seeing mismatched URLs for a product for sale on a website. Shopify Plus will assign relevant subdomains to your eCommerce site. However, you will need to create an end detail URL for each product depending on your selling item. The clearer your URLs are, the better for SEO.
8. Use Your Sitemap
For Shopify, you are allowed to upload a sitemap to Google. This way, you'll help your site get seen by more people as Google will be able to scan your site to see what the main pages are on it. ou don't even need to create your sitemap initially because Shopify already makes one for you once you use the platform.
9. More structured data
Structured data in Ecommerce is information such as SKU (stocking unit) numbers, product descriptions, currency, reviews, and prices. This data is important to include in your website as it adds color and depth to your eCommerce site. You'll include product review apps from Shopify and integrate them into your website. See how Amazon built an improbable eCommerce empire by leveraging the power of reviews written by customers who have purchased products. Shopify Plus makes it easier to add structured data and makes it simple for customers to understand and take action. With product reviews a key factor to eCommerce sales, this is the kind of microdata needed for the growth of your business.
Shopify Plus eCommerce SEO Checklist
To get your eCommerce site going, here's a checklist of what you need to do:
- Make sure your website works on mobile devices: the last thing you want is an incoherent website that doesn't make sense for mobile shoppers.
- Use descriptive filenames for images: Avoid basic mistakes like calling your image files ‘image' or ‘pic'. You need to provide them with descriptive images as this will help your SEO and help people find your site. As more people use Google Images and Pinterest, the importance of descriptive filenames will continue to grow.
- Avoid Duplicate Content: This is one of the biggest taboos in the SEO world. In Shopify Plus, it can be devastating if you're not careful. Double-check your site's content before submitting it to Google to make sure your site isn't overly repetitive.
- Includes FAQ section: A FAQ section helps fill out your site. They can include keywords and they help the customer make a decision.
- Submit your sitemap to all search engines: Search engines need your sitemap to index your site.
- Test site load times: Remember, you want fast page load speeds to retain visitors.
- Don't abuse the H1 tag: Keep it at least once on your page.
- Spend longer time on meta content: Make it a top priority for your site.
Armed with these 9 features, the checklist above will help give you a great start to improving SEO on Shopify Plus. Because SEO is so important to your website's well-deserved success, follow these top tips and follow the checklist to ensure your eCommerce site is up and running smoothly.
If you feel a bit frustrated with the concept of SEO, then leave the practice to the experts. Groove Technology's experienced SEO team is ready to help your eCommerce business with all your Shopify Plus and SEO needs. Contact us now!