How to Boost eCommerce Social Media for Your Online store?8 min read
eCommerce is now one of the fastest-growing segments of online business. This is primarily due to the COVID-19, but the trend is much more significant because it began long before the pandemic. Customers prefer to buy products or services online because it is quick and convenient. With more Internet users purchasing online each year, it's safe to say the eCommerce industry is thriving. However, for eCommerce store owners, online retail is becoming a more competitive industry, so using social media for eCommerce is more critical. eCommerce social media marketing is another effective method for increasing brand awareness and driving qualified traffic to your site.
Social media marketing for eCommerce stores is called eCommerce social media. Brand awareness, online following, and online sales can all be increased through the use of social media by eCommerce businesses. Additionally, businesses can use social media to promote their brand and products.
Previously, the belief was that using social media in eCommerce was a bit wishy-washy; there was no tangible benefit to the business, and “while it might work for some brands, it wouldn't work for us”—this was a widespread belief. Today's eCommerce businesses cannot afford to have that perception. The fact is that any type of business can use social media to increase sales or expand its reach—with an extremely tangible return. The primary reason is that almost all businesses:
- Your customers are on social media;
- Marketing to them is extremely cost-effective;
- It helps build a solid image.
eCommerce's Favorite Social Media
Connecting with your customers on social media is a great way to build relationships, attract interest, and encourage them to invest in your products or services. By concentrating your marketing efforts on a few social media platforms, you can create a campaign with a high return on investment (ROI) without spreading yourself too thin.
Facebook – the leader
Every month, Facebook attracts 3.51 billion active users worldwide (1). It is a reference, and it is especially suited to B2C businesses.
Messenger, which is part of Facebook's tools alongside Instagram and WhatsApp, has a large user base. Indeed, the instant messaging service is used by over 1.3 billion people. Messenger is used by more than 40 million businesses.
Facebook has a large user base, which means that a wide range of people use the platform. As a result, each customer type is represented. The average age of the users ranges between 25 and 34 years old. Despite the fact that the Facebook community is getting older, 49% of daily users are between the ages of 25 and 49. In terms of gender distribution (2) on Facebook, 43.6 percent of users are female, while 56.4 percent of users are male.
- Create a sense of community and loyalty.
- Content should be promoted
- Product and promotional offers should be advertised.
- Communicate about your company and its latest news.
When should you post something on Facebook?
The days and hours of publication are heavily influenced by the industry in which you work. Nonetheless, some major trends emerge: posts shared at the start and end of the week, such as Mondays, gain a lot of traction, as do Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays.
Facebook tools that are useful:
- Facebook Ads: The social network's own advertising tool allows you to target specific segments of its users. Indeed, you can use a variety of targeting information, such as age, location, hobbies, and so on.
- Marketplace: a platform that allows online merchants to communicate with one another; applies to B2B, B2C, and C2C models.
- Facebook Insight: This tool will be used by the administrators of your company's profile. It enables you to analyze your audience based on various statistics, such as reach, likes, and so on.
- Facebook Pixel: an analysis tool that allows you to assess the effectiveness of your retargeting ads.
- Facebook IQ: a tool for analyzing user behavior that also provides marketing insights to help you develop your strategy.
Instagram: wager on the visuals
Since its inception in 2010, Instagram has been owned by Facebook. This social network, based on images and videos, is popular amongst the younger generation. More than a billion people use Instagram each month. Users post 500 million stories every day. Instagram adds new features all the time in order to stay relevant and give its users more ways to interact with each other and with the rest of the Instagram community.
According to Statista, the average age of an Instagram user (3) is under the age of 35. Users between the ages of 18 and 24 outnumber those between the ages of 25 and 34 as the most prevalent demographic. Contrary to Facebook, the majority of Instagram users are females, representing more than 51% (4) of the user base. And 90% of Instagram users follow brands or content related to brands, making it a great place for businesses to promote their products or services.
- Show off your company's name and logo.
- Your publication feed represents your identity and your universe.
- Promote your products in your neighborhood.
- Set up ties with the company's surrounding community by revealing what goes on behind the scenes or communicating with the staff.
When should you post something on Instagram?
According to multiple studies, Mondays and Thursdays are the best days to post on Instagram. Everything is industry-specific, just like with Facebook. Instagram posts should generally be scheduled according to the days of the week.
To publish effectively on the platform, you need to understand users’ habits. It's true that some users prefer to publish in the morning when their subscribers are just waking up, while others prefer to publish when they are about to leave work.
These hours are set between 7 AM and 9 AM, and between 4 PM and 8 PM.
Instagram's helpful apps:
- Instagram Shopping: With this tool, you can link directly to product pages within your posts. These products must first be added to Facebook's platform.
- Instagram Business: This ad tool is identical to the one available on Facebook. You can reach a large number of new demographics and promote your products.
- Snapppt is an eCommerce tool that converts your image feeds into product pages.
- Mojo: enhance your posts by using this tool to create animated stories.
- InShot is a video editing program.
LinkedIn: the professional platform
LinkedIn is a Microsoft-owned social media platform geared toward professional users and, in particular, B2B sellers. The network, which has nearly 800 million members (5), is primarily used as a platform for social selling and employer branding. As you may have guessed, the majority of LinkedIn's audience is composed of professionals from a variety of industries, including C-level executives. The vast majority of its users (59.2%) (6) are between the ages of 25 and 34, and men make up 57% of the network's overall population.
- Prospect for new clients and expand your professional network.
- Promote the products and services of your business.
- Clearly, demonstrate your expertise.
- Distribute content and news about your industry.
- Distribute content about your business.
When is the best time to post on LinkedIn?
LinkedIn's users are most active between Monday and Friday, as a professional network. Concentrate your content-sharing efforts during business hours, when people are at work, to maximize your reach.
LinkedIn tools that are beneficial:
- Campaign Manager: LinkedIn's tool gives you access to five distinct types of advertising systems for promoting your content.
- ProspectIn is an automation tool that enables you to easily contact and prospect people.
- LeadFuze: a tool for generating leads.
Tik Tok, the video upstart
Tik Tok is the newest social media platform on this list. ByteDance launched in 2016 as a Chinese network. The platform is expected to have 73.7 million active users (7) in the United States by 2021. The app has been downloaded more than 2.6 billion times worldwide. 83% of active users posted on the platform, indicating a high level of interest from the community.
The video-sharing platform primarily attracts young people aged 10 to 19, which explains its global success. In the United States, this age group accounts for 32.5 percent of the population, while those aged 20 to 29 account for 29.5 percent. 60% of the users are female, while 40% are male.
- Identify and launch appropriate challenges.
- Using viral content, you can strengthen your ties with younger communities.
- Place your bets on originality and wit.
- Make your company more human.
When is the best time to post on Tik Tok?
The best time to post your content is at the end of the day. Reaching younger generations, like Snapchat, is easier after 5PM when pre-teens and teenagers have the day off.
- LightMV is free video-editing software.
- BeeCut: a free video editing program.
If you're going to invest time and money in eCommerce social media marketing and advertising, you want it to be worthwhile. These tips can assist your business in making the most of eCommerce social media, thereby increasing your return on investment.
- Concentrate on the networks that your audience utilizes rather than on the most popular networks in general.
- Establish a schedule for responding to user comments, questions, and reviews.
- Post photos and videos to increase engagement rates even more.
- Increase engagement, views, and conversions by boosting or promoting posts, similar to what you do on Facebook.
- Collaborate with micro-influencers to efficiently reach your target audience.
As an eCommerce retailer, your goal is to get more sales every day. And while many digital marketing channels that can help you achieve this goal, social media is the only one that promises to deliver both new and repeat customers. At Groove Technology, social media is one of the factors that our professionals pay much attention to create effective campaigns for eCommerce businesses. And we’d love to do the same for you.
For more information or consultation of social media eCommerce proposals, get in touch with us right away!